Today I decided that I wanted to convert a couple of stand-alone web pages on my blog into stories and use Mozilla Firebird to do it.
I ended up giving up on Mozilla Firebird for this task because of three things that happened:
1. I normally do my editing in Front Page 2000, then copy the finished post from Front Page and paste it into Radio. When I did this today, the Mozilla editor in Radio picked up all of the indents in Front Page's code and changed them all into a series of characters at the beginning of every line. It was a pain to remove them all, but I decided that I would try to figure out how to get around that issue later.
2. While I was trying to delete the above mentioned characters, the Mozilla editor seemed to get confused at times about what text I was trying to edit. The blinking cursor would be at a specific position in the html code, and when I pressed the BackSpace or Del key, the character that would be deleted was one character to the left of the character that should have been deleted.
3. When I had finished editing the html and published the story, all of the text that I had entered and edited disappeared. The story file was created in the proper directory on the disk drive, but all that was in the .txt file was #title and #postTime directives. At this point I gave up on Firebird and did everything over with Internet Explorer. I don't know the loss of my story text was just a fluke occurrence, a bug in Firebird, a bug in Radio, or what.
I also found out that Mozilla Firebird (and Mozilla) will not display tooltips for images that have alt text. In order for Mozilla Firebird to display a tooltip for an image, the img tag must have a title attribute instead. You can read all the details about this issue as well as some workarounds for it in my post here. I have also posted a programming request for Radio's programmers to fix the radio.macros.imageRef macro to address this issue, which you can see here.